No one wants to get zits!! They always pop up at the worst time and can be painful and annoying! These unsightly blemishes can also wreak havoc on our social and emotional lives since sometimes they make us feel like running, hiding and pulling the sheets up over our heads! Dealing with skin issues can be frustrating and embarrassing, especially when we feel that everyone is looking at our skin and not at who we are as individuals. Guys in particular get the short end of the stick when it comes to experiencing break outs, as they are not going to cover them up with lots of make-up and they don’t talk products and skin care tips with their friends. Girls! The guys need our help! So adopt a guy friend, brother, boyfriend and teach him how to take care of his skin.
The good news is that with patience and persistence, skin problems like acne, can be managed! At [Budhi Skincare], our goal is to help restore your confidence in knowing that you’re not alone in your struggles to manage your acne.Everyone gets some form of acne during his or her lifetime.
Keeping your skincare routine simple is the goal. Otherwise you are not going to stick to it. You brush your teeth twice a day so why not your face! You don’t need very many skin care products, just a simple cleanser and topical acne medication depending on your skins needs. Acne medications can be drying so use a moisturizer loaded with antioxidants and oil control to help manage combination skin. Remember, your skin is the largest organ of your body, what you put on it goes into it. Use products that are free of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrance, dyes and essential oils. Essential oils from plants smell great but they can irritate skin, especially if you are allergic to plants and grasses. Managing acne takes patience, a new skin care routines can take 4-8 weeks before you see a difference. There is no magic acne product that will get rid of your acne overnight.For more information on acne and skin care go to our skin care education piece on our [website].
Budhi’s Top Tips for Managing Skin and Acne:
1. Dead skin cells, dirt, sweat and makeup can clog pores, which allows acne bacteria to grow and can contribute to the creation of big, red, inflamed zits!! So get in the habit of washing your face both morning and night, just like you brush your teeth. And don’t forget, washing your face in the shower counts too!
2. Always choose a cleanser that is free of fragrance, essential oils and dyes, as products containing these ingredients can irritate your already sensitive skin. Also, cleansers containing glycolic and salicylic acids can dry out your skin when used with acne medications. Too much of a good thing!
3. Use a clean washcloth for gentle skin exfoliation every time you wash your face. Regular exfoliation will aid in skin cell turn over and help keep your pores clean and clear. Clogged pores can contribute to causing zits and will prevent topical acne medications from reaching the pore lining to be effective. As for grainy facial scrubs, don’t use them! Scrubs can damage the surface of your skin and may cause inflammation and irritation. This is the last thing you need when you have skin that is already irritated!
4. After cleansing, apply a thin layer of the acne medication Salicylic Acid to help prevent clogged pores and reduce skin inflammation. Salicylic Acid is a multifunctional ingredient that will aid in gently exfoliating the skins surface as well as the pore lining preventing clogged pores. Salicylic Acid helps prevent and reduce blackheads, whiteheads and blemishes.
5. Benzoyl peroxide can be used if you have a red inflamed zit. A zit is a bacterial infection caused by a naturally occurring bacterium called Propionibacterium or P acnes bacteria.Benzoyl peroxide helps kill bacteria, dry up acne blemishes and prevent new ones from forming. Apply a thin film on zit and surrounding area.
Budhi skincare is available in store at either of [Swink Style Bar's] Seattle locations (Downtown and University Village).
WANT TO WIN a lovely treat from Budhi? Just do the following two things to enter our GIVEAWAY for a Budhi “Starter Kit” which includes 1 % Salicylic Acne Pore Treatment & 5% Benzoyl Peroxide Acne Medication. I, as a 20-something year-old uses their products to help with zits, so this giveaway is for ANYONE OF ALL AGES!
1. Leave a comment on this post below with your favorite thing about the fall season! Please be sure to leave your name & email in the contact form so we can connect with the winner! (example, Starbucks Pumpkin Spiced Latte, Sweaters, Rain, etc.)
2. “Like” Budhi’s [facebook page]
The contest closes on FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 30th and we’ll draw a winner at random and announce it on MONDAY OCTOBER 3rd on the salt&prep [Facebook Page].