+ Our first “Makeup Tips & Ideas” article comes from [Jenny Bowker]. Enjoy!
+ Look One
Natural and Glowing- Perfect for school, hanging out with friends or having your picture taken! This look is all about you, perfecting your features and bringing out that natural glow!
1. Apply a light foundation all over the skin, i like mineral foundations, because the coverage is build-able, photographs well and looks natural.
Products used, [Susan Posnick Colorflo] + [Urban Decay Surreal Skin Foundation]
2. Apply an eyeshadow base all over the lid, and set with translucent powder. This will keep your eyeshadow crease free all day, and intensify the colors that you apply.
Products used, [MAC Paint pot in Soft Ochre]
3. Apply a shimmery, mid tone eyeshadow along top and bottom lashes, cocoa browns, soft bronzes or soft plums bring out all eye colors beautifully.
Products used, [MAC eyeshadow in Mulch]
4. Highlight the inner corners of the eyes, under the brow and the tops of the cheekbone with a glowing peach powder for a fresh luminous look, and lightly fill in brows with a taupe eyeshadow for a perfect shape.
Products used, [Becca Shimmer Powder in Angel or Nymph] + [Benefit Brow Zings]
5. Load up on black mascara on top and bottom lashes, nothing makes eyes stand out better than full, dark lashes!
Products used, [Rimmel The Max Volume Flash Mascara]
6. Finish off your look with a bright peachy pink blush on the highest points of the cheek, a touch of concealer under the eyes and on any blemishes and a coat of your favorite gloss- i love a pearly peach to make teeth look white and lips full!
Products used, [NARS Blush in Desire] + [MUFE Concealer] + [Fresh Sugar Lipgloss in Sugar Goddess]
+ Look Two
Flirty POP! – Give your look a quick POP with a few well placed shades of pink, perfect for shopping or the movies with friends.
1. Apply your foundation, concealer and mascara as usual and then dust on a hot pink shade of blush on the apples of the cheeks- don’t be afraid of the bright color in the pan, applied lightly it will give you a super natural flush.
Products used, [MAC Blush in Full Fuchsia]
2. The only other step? A bright and creamy pink gloss, pour on the shine!
Products used, [YSL Baume D'Ete in Rose Cordial]
+ Look Three
Sweet Smolder- Smoky definition around the eyes and a soft nude lip are perfect for dances, dates or anytime you want to look extra special. These steps easily take your daytime look into night.
1. Apply black pencil liner around the lashes and blend with a shadow brush
Products used, [Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Zero]
2. Dust a glimmery eggplant shadow of the lids to add a flash of color, and add an extra coat of mascara for thickness.
Products used, [Urban Decay Stardust in Retrograde]
3. Apply a nude plumping gloss to the lips to keep the focus on the eyes and make the lips look extra juicy.
Products used, [Stila Plumping Lip Glaze in Melon Mint]
4. Use a headband & cute clips to toss your hair up in a cute, messy bun! Super easy and flirty!
+ Images taken by [Michelle Moore] exclusively for salt&prep. Michelle Moore specializes in fashion & [High School Senior Portraits] in Seattle, WA.
+ [Jenny Bowker] is a Seattle based Makeup Artist who does freelance Fashion, Bridal and Portrait work.
+ Modeled by Seattle based Singer/Songwriter [Amanda Markley].